Freshmen Admission Requirements to the A.A. and B.A. Programs
You may enroll at Academy of Couture Art if you either:
Have a high school diploma (or G.E.D)
or are 18 years of age or older
Online ApplicationPaper Application (PDF)
Your Admission file should contain:
1. Official Copies of your Academic Diploma from high school and (if applicable) official transcripts from all colleges or universities.
International Students must send transcripts accompanied by official English translations.
2. Proof of proficiency in the English language for students who are 18 or over, but without a high school diploma or GED. To attend the ACA degree program, the CAO will determine proof of proficiency by any or all of the following methods: a) Student will write the admission essay administered onsite by the CAO; and 2) Student will take an English placement test measuring oral and written communication skills to determine if they can successfully perform the work associated with the program; 3) Student will meet with the CAO for an oral interview.
3. International Students should provide their TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores. Submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum TOEFL internet based score of 61 (or a paper-based score of 500, or a computer-based score of 173) is required to demonstrate English proficiency. Without the minimum TOEFL score, the student will not be accepted to the degree program. However, students with a TOEFL internet based score of 53 (or a paper-based score of 477, or computer-based score of 153) may enroll in the certificate program as its focus is more on hands-on learning than academic learning.
4. An admission essaySubmit a one-page essay focusing on your future goals as a Fashion Designer or Pattern Designer and how Academy of Couture Art can help you reach these goals. It is important to focus on current motivation rather than childhood dreams. Be sure to include your name at the top of the essay.
5. Your Portfolio:
Your Portfolio should contain 15 to 20 examples of your best and most recent art work and should be submitted on a CD labeled with your name. You can also send your Portfolio by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
6. The Admission Application Form:
Be sure to provide the application materials described in items 1 - 5 and mail to the address below (item 7).
PDF formatted Printable Application form:
Open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader, then complete and print the application form. Be sure to provide the application materials described in items 1 - 6 and mail to the address in item 7.
7. Send the Application Materials to the following address:
Academy of Couture Art Admissions PDC, 8687 Melrose Ave., G520 West Hollywood, CA90069, USA
Admission Requirements to the 1 year Fashion Certificate Programs
Applicants for the Creative Fashion or Pattern Design Laboratory Certificate Programs should provide proof of a recognized degree in fashion, professional experience in design or pattern making, and submission of Portfolio subject to school academic advisor review.
Applicants for the Professional Fashion or Pattern Design Laboratory Certificate Programs should provide proof of 5 years work experience or ownership in a related field and submission of Portfolio. International student must have a minimum TOEFL internet based score of 53 (or a paper-based score of 477, or computer-based score of 153).